[time-nuts] Thunderbolt vs Z3801A

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 14:17:41 EDT 2008

Hi Didier,

the drawback of this approach is that everything is connected together as
one big circuit, and thus processor noise can get into the GPS front end and
reduce the sensitivity and cause other errors..

For RF performance, it's probably better to have the GPS receiver sit all  by
itself in a shielded enclosure with it's own TCXO.

Trimble seems to have done a pretty good job at the layout to handle these
types of issues though.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 7/20/2008 18:01:11 Pacific Daylight Time, didier at cox.net