[time-nuts] HP58504A antenna

Jose Manuel jpradoes at telefonica.net
Tue Jul 22 16:19:57 EDT 2008

Thank you very much Bruce and all who replied my previous message,

According to measurements made with multimeter I think the MMIC is damaged,
because it´s consuming more than 10mA, when its maximum specified current,
at 3V, is 8mA, and the typical 6mA; maybe some of its internal transistors
are shorted. The measured supply voltage at pin 6, mid point of 270 and 68
ohms resistors, is 2.78V.

The input transistor is  supplied with 2.61V and biased with 0.69V, the
current is 8mA, so I think it´s OK.

By the way, my Z3801 only delivers 4.67V to the antenna connector.

Datasheet of the MMIC can be seen here:
http://www.necel.com/microwave/en/pdf/P13489EJ3V0DS00.pdf

Now my problem is where to purchase one of these devices ;-)

Best regards....José, EA1PX