[time-nuts] HP Z3801A Motorola Oncore VP receiver...

vendors at eshop.uoregon.edu vendors at eshop.uoregon.edu
Sat Jun 21 21:13:43 EDT 2008

All:

There's a guy on eBay that has multiple Motorola Oncore-VP receivers for
sale that are mostly compatible with the HP Z3801A, in case you are
looking to replace a dead RX or want a spare.  I bought two of them
from the seller and have checked them both out in my Z3801A and they
work.  The one difference is that they have a straight RF input connector
rather than the right-angle connector.  Because of this the ant cable
connector hits a chip on the motherboard and the RX can't be screwed all
the way down on the mounting posts.  One can easily replace the connector
or possibly flip it to the other side of the board.   The eBay seller
has the receivers listed in lots of two for $57, plus about $12 shipping
to the US.  Last I looked, he had 24 lots (of two) still available.  To
find the listing search on "Motorola Oncore" or "Oncore VP".

--Larry, W7JYJ