[time-nuts] Thunderbolt meets ntpd

Chris Kuethe chris.kuethe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 02:40:45 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 11:30 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
> Does anybody have any Linux code to print the stuff it's sending?  If not,
> I'll probably have something soon.

1) dig around on trimble.com - there's a link to iQSource.zip which
may be useful
2) rip some code from gpsd - we can decode a fair number of the
packets, and there's a lot of machinery you can reuse.

I think I ordered early enough that sometime in the coming weeks a
thunderbolt will be headed my way, after that i can see about making
gpsd do the right things. already i know i need to do auto parity
detection - we assume TSIP is 8O1, which may not be true in the case
of the thunderbolt. Given some of this past week's list traffic, I
think Trimble goofed if they decided to go to 8N1.

CK