[time-nuts] THUNDERBOLE STATUS LED'S

Christian Vogel vogelchr at vogel.cx
Mon Jun 23 10:28:26 EDT 2008

Hello Jeff,

> Has anyone determined how an interface could be incorporated into the
> Thunderbolt so as to show if it was locked.  Some status led's would be nice
> such as can be fount on the Z3801's front panel.

provided that there is no easily accessible connector with the relevant
signals inside the Thunderbolt, the easiest thing would be a microcontroller
circuit listening to the serial data on the 9pin DSUB port.

About any microcontroller with the power to process the data
at 9600 bps will be fine, which includes pretty much every AVR,
PIC, 8051, MSP,… currently available.

I was pondering about that myself, but unfortunately will be quite
busy for the following month… ☹

	Chris