[time-nuts] TiNI Time Server

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Sat Mar 8 21:24:59 EST 2008

Quoth Chris Kuethe at 2008-03-09 11:57...
> Googled for the part number, got this:
> - http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3609
>
> Looked for "TiNI module":
> - http://www.tstik.com/tstik72nb_data.html
> - http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/microcontrollers/tini/

I've got the datasheets and even have a couple of sample DS80C400s -
just that coding NTP software is somewhat beyond me.  Wondered whether
the Java used in the evaluation module is suitable for this type of
application or if it is time critical and needs to be in C.

Giving some serious consideration to using one of these for my 1-Wire
weather system, once I get it off my main server.

> Also found this: "TiniTim - A TINI Time Server"
> - http://automationfaq.com/cgi-bin/fom?amp=&editCmds=compact&file=259

That's one of the references I found; unfortunately, the link to the
project is dead :-(

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/