[time-nuts] Component level 1:2 splitter

randy warner randy at geodetics.com
Mon Mar 10 17:03:06 EDT 2008

Guys,

I need to come up with a 0db little splitter to route 1 antenna into 2 GPS
receivers. To keep the isolation up I want to use an active splitter instead
of a passive one. I suppose I could use a passive splitter followed by two
LNA's (one to each receiver), but I would then have to add a lot of
attenuation to knock the signal back down. I suppose it would work, but the
noise factor sure wouldn't be optimum.

Does anyone out there know of a single/dual IC solution to this? Everything
I have found LNA wise is in the 10-30 dB range. Note that this will be a
board mounted circuit and I don't have to worry about connectors, etc. I'm
hoping to find a little solution that I can cover with one of Laird's
standard shield cans.

Thanks,

Randy Warner