[time-nuts] Racal Dana 1992 - GPIB interface

Elio Corbolante eliocor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 20:15:19 EDT 2008

I'm resending this message because the first one was lost in the
meanders of internet....

I have 2 different Racal Dana 1992 frequency counters:
The first one (kept for spares because the display is broken) has a
GPIB interface of type 19-1146:
this interface has NOT the SK4 jumper (see
RACAL-DANA-1991-1992-ServiceManualSch.pdf pages 16/17 in my archive).

The other one, in perfect state, has the 401820 GPIB board (see
RACAL-DANA-1991-1992-IM.pdf pages 200/203).
This board has the SK4 jumper and if you want to use the 1992 in
"standard" GPIB mode, you have to put the jumper in the OTHER
position as the one shown at page 200 (points 40/41).

I have not tried the 1992 in MATE/CIIL interface mode, so I don't
know if it works in the SK4 default mode...

By the way, I have also the documentation (26 pages) of the MATE/CIIL
protocol/programming for the 1992-02M: if you are interested in, I
will make a .PDF of it.

I have uploaded a .RAR file containing all of the electronic
documentation (see previous references) I have regarding the
1991/1992 and the EPROM images of the 1992/GPIB firmware.

You can find the documentation files (PDFs + EPROM images) at the
following address:

<http://rapidshare.com/files/98965341/Racal_Dana_1992_EPROMs.rar>http://rapidshare.com/files/98965341/Racal_Dana_1992_EPROMs.rar
(12MB)

_    Elio.

P.S. I'm a lucky one: my keyboard works flawlessly!!!
P.P.S. Have you some newer releases of the firmware?