[time-nuts] Racal Dana 1992 - GPIB interface (iovane at inwind.it)

Elio Corbolante eliocor at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 20:23:13 EDT 2008

 >I can't check what type of interface is present on my two 1992-02M,
neither if the SK4 in present, because the counters are running and I
wan't stop them.

Unless they are rack mounted, you don't need to turn them off to
check what interface you have:
- remove the rear bezel (unscrew two screws)
- slide the 1992 cover until you can take a look to the GPIB board.
- Refer to the documentation to identify the board (see my page
number references in the previous post).
- touch with your finger the jumper (if present): if it is in the
default position you will feel two pins, otherwise (in GPIB mode) you
will fill the jumper.

 > Are you using a 1992 in standard GPIB mode after having moved the
jumper? Where did you find the info?
I just tested it: in the default position it does not answer to the
'CK' command.

 > P.S. are you in Italy?
Yes, I'm italian: you can directly contact me!

.    ciao
_      Elio.