[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Group Buy, part 1

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed May 7 03:01:54 EDT 2008

On Wed, 07 May 2008 06:42:10 +0000
d.seiter at comcast.net wrote:

> My feelings exactly, I would have done the same except that (1) I already
> have a Tbolt, and I had so many messages, that I (2) started in the middle
> of the flood...
>
> The original message should have been worded in such a way to avoid a
> massive reply.  At this price, I really had to convince myself that I
> *didn't* need another one!  ;-)

I dont think it was worded in a way that would mislead people
to think they should respond to the list. Specifically:

---
On Mon, 5 May 2008 02:55:21 -0700
"Tom Van Baak" <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:

> ORDERING:
>
> 1) Those of you who "pre-ordered" last year will get
>    email this week with instructions on how to submit
>    payment for the Thunderbolt(s) you previously said
>    you would like to buy.
>
> 2) Those of you newcomers to Time-Nuts should expect
>    to wait until the first batch has been shipped and
>    TAPR is ready for you. There should be enough for
>    everyone; so don't panic.
---

Tom clearly states, that people should "wait until [...] TAPR is ready"
But people like to read only half what is written and don't try to
think at least a little bit.

Although, such behaviour has existed since the first cave men
draw pictures on the walls of their caves, i have the impression
that it is getting more and more pronounced over the last years.
And as you can see, it even caught technical people who were
among those who generally try to do things the right way[tm].

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred