[time-nuts] Measuring GPSDOs

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu May 8 04:37:05 EDT 2008

Moin,

I'm currently thinking about building my own GPSDO, mostly for the
fun of it an because i need a way to waste money ;-)

But, as an engineer, building alone doesn't satisfy me, i also
want to know how good it performs. But there lies the problem.
How do you measure a frequency normal that is already better
than 1e-9, most likely better than 1e-10?

Even though i think to buy one of the Thunderbolts, that
would only give me a reference that is somewhere in the
1e-9 short term and 7e-11 medium term.

How do you measure your clocks?

And do you have any hints what i should look for on ebay
for measurement?

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred