[time-nuts] Pulling a signal from DirecTV

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat May 10 17:51:53 EDT 2008

Yes, the frequency accuracy is not very good.

We generated 27MHz out of the CVBS coming from a Philips Directv STB.

To do this, just hook up an NXP video decoder to the CVBS/YC signal (such  as
SAA7111, SAA7114 etc) and that will give you a line-locked 27MHz.

Significant medium term drift, measurable on 1/10Hz if I remember  correctly.
Jumps every so often ( a couple of times per hour) to re-sync.

Depends also on the algorithms and PLL inside the STB, different  vendor's
units all behave differently from what I could see.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 5/9/2008 08:42:08 Pacific Daylight Time, novick at nist.gov