[time-nuts] GPS receiver in GM 2001 OnStar?? Found the location

Richard Hall rhall2 at cfl.rr.com
Fri May 16 17:38:59 EDT 2008

In my 2001 Buick Park Avenue the GPS and Analog cell phone are in the
trunk behind the passenger side seat.

I removed the unit and the GPS board looks like a Motorola Oncore
VP/UT+/GT and there also was an antenna that looks like a, "Motorola
Antenna 97 GPS antenna", Motorola part number is GCNAC1232A.

With GM's analog OnStar no longer supported, this may be a low cost auto
salvage item.

Can some one confirm that GM used a board with the same pin outs of the
  Motorola Oncore VP/UT+/GT. With no previous GPS board experience, I do
not want to damage this board by being wrong on the power connections.

Thanks

Richard Hall
WB4RSO