[time-nuts] "Piezo Little Wonder" OCXO

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri May 30 11:33:56 EDT 2008

Early GPS receivers used a 10.23 MHz time base.
Probably related to 2^10-1.
Some GPS manufacturers approached HP about making
a 10811 on 10.23 MHz.  There is a circuit modification
for 10.23 MHz and some crystals were made (I
have some somewhere).  However, I don't believe
any 10.23 MHz 10811's were sold.  This unit was
probably intended to meet the need not filled by HP.

Rick Karlquist N6RK