[time-nuts] Checking accuracy of Rubidium standards

Jeffrey Pawlan jpawlan at pawlan.com
Sat Nov 8 21:24:02 UTC 2008

Dear Dave,

    I was fortunate to find two surplus "brick" PLOs that had 10MHz input.
But I also have synthesized microwave signal generators with ext ref inputs and
an EIP 575 with ext ref input. Perhaps there is a commercial lab or engineering
school where you can use equipment like this and do the experiments. Otherwise,
beating two 10MHz sources together will require a strip chart recorder so you
can see the long term trends over days as indicated by someone else who
responded. The methods I use do not take into account long term drift but are
simply meant to be measurements that can display 1E-9 or 1E-10 in just one
second of your time. To get finer than that, you patiently wait.

73,

Jeffrey Pawlan  WA6KBL