[time-nuts] Why/when did cell towers switch to 15 MHz?

N3IZN at aol.com N3IZN at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 03:55:22 UTC 2008

Who said 10Mhz was a standard? If it was all ham radios would have a 10 Mhz
input to replace the internal reference.

Every manufacture will have there own reference frequency. With GPSDO 10  Mhz
is the most common, but I've seen 100 Mhz and things like 7.998 Mhz.

Lucent didn't use the 10 Mhz output on their series II products but it was
there for a test output.

> and  the usual 15 MHz Cell output.

My Z3801A has a 10 MHz output.  I  thought that was normal.  It seems like a
nice round convenient  number.

So why did cell phone towers switch to 15 MHz?  Or is it  just Lucent that
switched?

**************You Rock! One month of free movies delivered by mail from
blockbuster.com
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212639737x1200784900/aol?redir=https://www.blockbuster.com/signup/y/reg/p.26978/r.email_footer)