[time-nuts] Where to find surplus telecom standards

Brad Stockdale brad at shinji.net
Tue Nov 18 18:29:48 UTC 2008

Hello,

    Kinda bad form to reply to your own threads right away, but here goes...

    I just checked on eBay right now and there are some Lucent units
up for auction. Of course, I don't have money right this second, but
now I know that the lucent units seem to be more prevalant than the
HP ones... I'll setup some saved searches so I can hopefully grab a
few more of these standards to play with...

    On a slightly different subject, albeit somewhat related... Does
anyone know what HP Z3801A's are worth nowadays? I remember when they
first came on the market, they were around $250, then up to about
$400 or so when supplies got scarce. Not sure what happened after
that... Just kinda curious if I could make some extra money by
selling a couple of my Z3801's and using the profits to buy some
other units to 'play' with...

Thanks,
Brad