[time-nuts] I'm back! And I need a receiver...

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Thu Nov 20 17:15:18 UTC 2008

Fellow clock-tickers,

	I have returned from a most worthwhile Mexico vacation! It was great fun, but I'm glad to be home.

	With that said - Murphy struck, hard, the day before I left by taking out the GPS receiver (again!) in my Odetics 425 clock. I'm beginning to wonder if this was a common failure for these units.

	In any case -- Does anyone have a spare Magellan model OEM 5000 module that I could convince you to part with?

	Failing that -- I'm not optimistic about being able to modify the Odetics to work from a more modern NMEA-output module, so it is likely that I would have to replace it. What I'd be looking for is a rackmounted unit, no more than 4U high, that can put out disciplined 10MHz and IRIG-B time code. A Trak Systems 882x series would be nice, but I know how popular those are.

	Thanks much.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"Quid Malmborg in Plano..."