[time-nuts] To improve a Tbolt?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Nov 21 20:42:43 UTC 2008

I've upgraded the graph on the http://www.ke5fx.com/tbolt.htm page to show
the performance of my Thunderbolt from the TAPR group buy (in orange) next
to the traces for my older unit before and after the 10811 upgrade.

There is no upside to tinkering with the OCXO on the TAPR units, unless you
have something that can beat a 10811.  You could replace it with a rubidium
source and get better short-term stability, but I don't think swapping one
quartz OCXO for another would be a useful thing to do.

-- john, KE5FX