[time-nuts] M12+T more confusion

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Nov 21 23:06:16 UTC 2008

> Gentlemen:
> Why would the M12+T swap the order of messages?
>
> I write @@Hn and @@Eq in that order to the board and it gives it back to
>  me in reverse order.

What parameter(s) are you passing the @@Hn and @@Eq
and how quickly are you sending them? Page 31 talks about
this.

> Tried @@Cf then resending the messages. Still the same. Then did it AND
> swapped the order of the messages. Still the same.

You are enabling output messages, right? Sounds like the
order in which you individually *enable* one or more messages
is unrelated to the order in which, once a second(*), all selected
messages are *output*. I've never confirmed if they are output
alphabetically or by size or priority or what. Does someone know
for sure? Or does it matter?

> The manual says it's first in, first out regarding the serial buffer.

Right, but the commands you are sending are merely enabling
commands. Send as many as you want in any order. You don't
see responses until the top of the next second. Just a guess,
though, since my M12+T is not available to confirm this.