[time-nuts] US Shipping Was huntron tracker advice

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 01:12:55 UTC 2008

> If you have ever been on the other side of an ITAR investigation, you
> would rightly conclude that it isn't safe to do anything other than scrap
> and destroy US surplus materials... which is precisely what they want you
> to do.

In a past life I designed Coal Mining Equipment, back when the 68000
was a new part to the world.  China bought some of our equipment using
the 68K.  We had to jump through hopes to prove that this embedded
system could not launch a missile etc. to the State Department.

The interesting wrinkle was that the delivery truck wrecked on the
way to the mine in China, in China.  Some of our equipment was damaged
and so was the *Cray-1* that we discovered was on the truck too.
We never could find out what it was on that truck for.

An obscure site if you do what to see what is going on in Missile tech
is http://www.mdatechnology.net/ and
http://www.mda.mil/mdalink/html/mdalink.html .

--
http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/