[time-nuts] any way to bootstrap a frequency standard into a voltage or resistance standard?

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Nov 28 05:42:27 UTC 2008

If I recall correctly, a Josephson Junction is the critter
you are looking for.  Put one at liquid nitrogen temperatures,
feed it with a precise microwave frequency, and it will produce
a known voltage.  Typically, JJ's are strung together to produce
1, or 10 volts.  The US standard volt is defined in terms of a
JJ excited by a particular frequency.

Now what we need is a TAPR priced JJ array.

-Chuck Harris