[time-nuts] any way to bootstrap a frequency standard into a voltage or resistance standard?

Didier didier at cox.net
Fri Nov 28 14:57:55 UTC 2008

Scott,

A relatively inexpensive voltage reference is to actually buy an HP 3456A
DVM. It is rated as a transfer standard, that means you send it to NIST to
have it calibrated, and then you can use it to calibrate other instruments.
I have two here and together they cost me $130.

It is also a 6 1/2 digit DVM with GPIB interface. The reference voltage is
not provided externally, but you would use the meter to check and correct an
external reference or stable voltage source.

The service manual is on my web site http://www.ko4bb.com/cgi-bin/manuals.pl

Didier KO4BB