[time-nuts] Piezo Company OXCO pinouts (William Rice)

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:47:34 EDT 2008

Hi Richard,

It is always wise to be cautious when dealing with an expensive item
that could easily be fried by too much voltage and I think you took
the correct approach. I found that my oxco seemed to work fine at 12V
but, as it has been pointed out, it would probably take a lot longer
to reach working temperature and may not be able to maintain that in a
cold environment. I've been running mine at 24V for well over a day
now and it seems to be working fine so I guess it's OK to keep it on
that supply. I guess the case on my unit was slightly hotter under 24V
due to the power supply dissipation and I wonder what bearing that
makes to the overall heating of the oven. I will try to see if I can
get some proper test results of the case temperature than my touch
test.

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
Omnium finis imminet