[time-nuts] Testing frequency using NTP

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 20:55:15 EDT 2008

But wouldn't, over time, all this ntp/OS/network "noise" average away
because ultimately the whole system is being locked to an atomic clock? I
know any given measurement will have errors in the order of milliseconds,
but the long term average ought to be good. Ought it?

You could test it by giving the linux box the 1PPS from a Thunderbolt
(instead of your OCXO) and seeing what the results are with time.

But I suppose you don't have one of those otherwise you'd use it to measure
your OCXO...

Jim