[time-nuts] Testing frequency using NTP

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 01:18:04 EDT 2008

2008/10/2 Bruce Griffiths <bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz>:

> Save yourself a counter and just divide the frequency down to about 1Hz
> and time stamp the 1Hz transitions with the Linux box.
> As long as you know the division factor its easy enough to calculate the
> frequency.

I'd planned on a simple interface to the PC via using the parallel,
suitably strapped, as a basic output port. Now, I could use it as an
input but I'd probably have to poll the port which would be somewhat
inefficient but an option I guess. Think I could just record the
staring time of the sampling and then the ending time plus the number
of cycles.

Cheers,
Steve
--