[time-nuts] Does the EU or another European country have an equivalent of http://www.usno.navy.mil ?

michael taylor mctylr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 18:38:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Gretchen Baxter
<gretchendenisebaxter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just looking for basic info and technical info, but with a source I can
> quote from the EU community, not US military.
>
> Mainly around basic network time syncronization.

In most EU countries, I believe their "national labs" or "bureau of
weights & measures" are the domestic source for national standards.
For example in the UK the National Physical Labs (NPL) have a Time &
Frequency branch, <http://www.npl.co.uk/server.php?show=nav.294>.

I suspect you will also be interested in BIPM, who coordinate
International Atomic Time (TAI) and well as Coordinated Universal Time
(UTC). <http://www.bipm.org/en/scientific/tai/>.

For English and French publications, you can also refer to Canada's
National Research Council - Institute for National Measurement
Standards NRC-INMS Frequency & Time group
<http://inms-ienm.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/time_services/time_services_e.html>,

I suspect most of the information on Galileo should be available from
the ESA and EU.

-Michael