[time-nuts] Time - an essential ingredient

Mark Amos mark.amos at toast.net
Sat Oct 11 15:15:36 UTC 2008

Didier,

Well said! Your comment about "giving up in trying" reminds me of an epiphany I had recently.

As a young, extremely intelligent and opinionated man, I once believed that the world was populated with
stupid versions of me.  It took me many years to conclude that other people's opinions might actually have
some value to me, and many more years to allow that their opinions didn't have to have value to me in order
to be respected.

In my case, I think it was mostly a matter of time spent in this fascinating world that drew me (or grew
me) to the conclusion that diversity of opinion is one of the things that _makes_ this a fascinating world
(albeit, often contentious.)

Regarding the OS religious wars: as an old boss once said (I think regarding CP/M vs MSDOS): "Operating
System, Schmoperating System - can it run PASCAL?"

Mark
W8XR