[time-nuts] GPS Constellation

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 14 18:50:32 UTC 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_picture_candidates/Animated_representation_of_the_orbit_of_the_GPS_system

Might give you some ways to start.

There's a raft of GPS surveying planning applications out there that are designed to tell you which s/v are where at what time. It was a big deal back when the constellation wasn't fully filled and you wanted to do precise surveying.  There's also time keeping applications where you're doing common-view time transfer, so there's some applications that will tell you when and which satellites are in view for both ground stations at the same time.

Jim