[time-nuts] Frequency Stability of Trimble Mini-T

Mike Monett XDE-L2G3 at myamail.com
Thu Oct 16 19:19:56 UTC 2008

  SAIDJACK at aol.com wrote:

  [...]

  > Due to  confidentiality, I can't comment much online on  the GPSDO
  > we did for this particular application other than that it is based
  > on our FireFly-II GPSDO; but will contact you offline.

  [...]

  > The crystal may require a slightly different EFC voltage after the
  > jump to  generate 10.0MHz because something physically  changed in
  > the crystal  (such  as   a   mechanical  stress  relief, particles
  > leaving/reaching the quartz, etc). This voltage difference  can be
  > between 50 microvolts, all the way up to several millivolts.

  >  bye,
  >  Said

  Said,

  Do you mind if I ask some questions?

  When you say the EFC voltage changes by several millivolts, how much
  does that change the crystal frequency?

  if it is not confidential, can you say what kind of  phase detection
  you use in your GPSDO?

  On your page at http://www.jackson-labs.com/products_fury.html

  it states:

  "Allan Deviations  of less than 1E-011 are possible  for measurement
  intervalls greater than 0.1 seconds."

  What kind of counter do you use to measure that data point?

  Further down on the same page, it states:

  "A high-end Motorola GPS receiver"

  Can you tell what kind of Motorola GPS you use?

  Finally, do  you  have  a  price list  for  the  OEM  and commercial
  products?

  Thanks,

  Best Regards

  Mike Monett