[time-nuts] Austron 2100 Loran-C Frequency and Timing Receiver

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Fri Oct 17 18:56:30 UTC 2008

Skip Withrow wrote:
> Well, my Austron 2100 seems to have bit the dust.

snip
> There are some software diagnostic routines in the box.  The RAM test runs
> fine, but it appears that I get an error on the EPROM test.  The test
> generates an E-20 error.  The book states that if the EPROM test fails it
> will give an E-21, but nowhere do I find any hint as to what an E-20 error
> is.

Skip, according to my manual, and I quote directly:  "An output of
"E-20" indicates a properly functioning EPROM. An output of "E-21"
indicates that one or more of the EPROMS are bad."

Page 6-12

As to why they bother to have an 'error' message for a good eprom, well,
there you have got me.

The next time I have a chance I can certainly get into mine and read the
EPROMS, but I suspect your trouble lies elsewhere.

My experience with older microprocessors in radios at any rate, is that
if an EPROM dies, then you will not be able to run any test routines
anyway :^(

Dan

ac6ao / g3ncr