[time-nuts] HP 59551A Power Supply Needed

Joe Cline jcline01 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 20 21:28:15 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone!

I just purchased a HP 59551A GPS Measurements Synchronization Module on
eBay, and I ran into a snag with the power supply. This model is supposed to
have an IEC 320 jack and be able to run on run on 120 VAC or 129 VDC, but it
has only an XLR 3-pin jack with a tag for 129 VDC! I can find no schematic
to verify power requirements. Even if this unit accepts 129 VDC, what is the
current rating, and who makes a simple supply capable of providing the
needed wattage? I could probably put together a homebrew supply, but it
would be nice to design it for the required load.

Does anyone have any experience or source for technical information for the
59551A? I appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks,

Joe / KN5U