[time-nuts] Oncore, Trimble Antennae

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Wed Oct 22 01:42:16 UTC 2008

Hi Folks

Finally got the builder here who is going to put my GPS antennae up on
the roof.

I don't have the hardware set up to connect my Trimble Ace II modules to
anything but want to test the cables that I have made up here in my office.

Both the Trimble and Motorola modules use active antennae with 5V power
- what I don't know is whether they are the same polarity.  The Motorola
has 5V on the core of the coax - does anyone know if the Trimble ones do
the same?  If so, I'll just chuck the Trimble antenna onto the Oncore
module for testing.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/