[time-nuts] Question on crystal jumps

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Wed Oct 22 21:02:23 UTC 2008

I would be very pleased to know when (date and time) anybody
out there happened to record jumps in frequency of crystals.
I have stable (e-07) tuning forks which happen to jump too,
and I don't understand why, even having under control
temperature and air pressure. Sometimes they return to their
prior frequency with another jump, and this could happen even
days later, sometimes they jump and then recover smoothly the
prior frequency in a short time (such as one hour).
I have no idea whether any correlations would exist between
crystals and tuning forks jumps, regarding the causes that
could trigger metastability, and hence I would have a look at
crystal data in order to improve the base for future
speculation.

Thanks in advance.
Antonio I8IOV