[time-nuts] Question on crystal jumps

Ian Sheffield ian.sheffield1 at tesco.net
Thu Oct 23 07:28:19 UTC 2008

You probably know that the combined effects of the Moon and Sun changes the
rate of a pendulum clock by up to 1 part in 10 to the 7th, but that is a
smooth sine rather than a jump. That shouldn't affect quartz either.

I agree with other posters - you are probably seeing the quantization of
space/time ;-)

Ian.