[time-nuts] Question on crystal jumps

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Oct 23 22:56:19 UTC 2008

Hi Steve,

the jumps are very slow in their frequency change, so the crystal filters
would just follow the frequency drift. I have seen these jumps take from a few
seconds to 20 minutes or so. Of course in a Rb they would be compensated by
the  Rb pulling or pushing the crystal onto the proper frequency.

Also, the additional crystals in the filter will very likely jump too, so I
would expect the overall performance to actually get worse.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 10/23/2008 15:53:05 Pacific Daylight Time,