[time-nuts] I want a good micro-controller

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 22:11:45 EDT 2008

Wow... printing a listing...  how quaint.  I haven't done that since well into the last millenium (egad, probably 20+ years ago).  And I'm an old fogey that lives in the Land of the Obsolete.

Come to think of it,  I actually punched a program out on paper tape (well, OK, mylar tape) long after I printed my last listing... Well, OK,  it was actually an Excellon drill tape I punched out a few months ago.

Microchip introduced a bug into their assembler some time ago and it is not
able to print a PAGE (form feed) assembler directive.  But the Form Feed
commands are in the  listing file, so you can use Word to print the listing
file and get page breaks for each module.