No subject

Sun Sep 21 16:24:00 EDT 2008

"To prevent confusion with the frame sequences <DLE> <id> and <DLE> <ETX>,
every <DLE> byte in the data string is preceded by an extra <DLE> byte
('stuffing'). These extra <DLE> bytes must be added ('stuffed') before
sending a packet and removed after receiving the packet."

Ed, k1ggi

-----Original Message-----
From: time-nuts-bounces at febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-bounces at febo.com] On
Behalf Of Hank
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 11:51 AM
To: time-nuts at febo.com
Subject: [time-nuts] THUNBERBOLT PACKET 0X8F-AB

While writing my own software to display time and other status information,
I have noticed a very strange item when packet 0x8F-AB is being sent out.
Normally this packet has 17 bytes with 0XAB  being byte 0

While the time is being displayed by the new software, I noticed that every
time the seconds reached 16 the display would be incorrect.  Wrote a special
test routine, and there is an extra byte being sent by the Thunderbolt (
firmware REV E ) only for the packet that has seconds equal to 16.  ( 16 or
10h ) is send twice !!

Has anyone that is writing display software seen this or any other problem
in the formats ?

I also verified this issue using Procom terminal software that has a monitor
window and captures the data in HEX format !!

Hank