[time-nuts] PPS Divider (John Ackermann N8UR)

Richard H McCorkle mccorkle at ptialaska.net
Thu Apr 2 21:15:23 UTC 2009

John,

Output frequencies above 10 KHz with the PIC divider require separate
manipulation of the port bits within the main timing loop. A 100 KHz
output can be added this way as tvb did in his original divider code,
but if you also want the divider to work properly with both 5M and
10M input rates the bit manipulation code gets a little dicey. For
the faster rates I recommend using one of the output port bits as a
reset line to start an external high speed divider exactly in sync
with the first PIC output. The external divider provides the 1MHz
and 100 KHz outputs and the PIC provides the 10 KHz to 1PPS outputs.

Richard