[time-nuts] External Frequency Standard Inputs on Counters

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Apr 3 21:22:46 UTC 2009

Bruce Griffiths skrev:
> Magnus
>
> Another option (useful when the source amplitude is such that
> terminating isn't an option and there isn't a suitable amplifier
> available to boost the source amplitude) is to trim the cable lengths to
> eliminate such standing wave nulls at the counter inputs.

Certainly, but consider the frequency of 10 MHz, 100 ns. 1 ns is 2 dm
one-way, so a full-wave is 20 m, a half-wave is 10 m and a quarter-wave
is 5 m. It is certainly possible, but a lot of cable.

I'd think this is when I would recommend tossing a distribution
amplifier on it or rely on the outputs to form chains that way.

Cheers,
Magnus