[time-nuts] HP 1938 revisited

J. L. Trantham jltran at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 13 04:03:31 UTC 2009

Thanks for the info.

My plan is to develop a stable GPS disciplined reference suitable for use as
a reference for Microwave work in the 10 GHz range that can be used in
portable locations with relatively quick start up.

Perhaps the 1938 would be better in the shop where it could be left on for
weeks/months at a time and an LPRO 101 or a 10811 could be used for the
portable application.  Reasonably high drift rates could be accommodated if
the GPS signal is reliable and the time constants (disciplining rate, drift
rate, etc.) are appropriate.

Thanks,

Joe