[time-nuts] Announcement: TAPR TADD-2 PPS Divider Board Now Available

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Apr 21 13:19:30 UTC 2009

The TADD-2 divider is now available for purchase from TAPR.

The TADD-2 accepts a 5 or 10 MHz input signal and generates 1 PPS
outputs (as well as other pulse rates).  It has six low-impedance output
channels, each of which can be individually configured, and has a sync
circuit that allows the output pulse train to be synchronized to an
external source such as a GPS.

Preliminary tests show a temperature sensitivity of about 50 ps/degree
C, and an RMS jitter level of <20 picoseconds.

The divider is based on a Microchip PIC device, and the code was written
by Tom Van Baak and Richard McCorkle.  The source code is being released
as Open Source Software.

The TADD-2 is sold as a kit.  It uses through-hole components so doesn't
require any special tools for assembly.  The TADD-2 is the same form
factor as the other TADD boards, and fits in the same enclosure (also
available from TAPR).

The price is $69, or $62 for TAPR members.  Shipment should start in the
next two weeks.