[time-nuts] Certichron

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Tue Apr 28 17:56:58 UTC 2009

At 1:38 PM -0400 4/28/09, Gretchen Baxter wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I came across the page of Certichron at www.certichron.com
>
>They seem to be positioning themselves as *THE *trusted source for time
>synchronization.
>
>Anyone know of them?  Comments?
>
>Thanx!
>
>Gretchen

A brief persual of their website indicates that they are trying to
position themselves as the trusted source of time to lawyers, not
scientists.

I also noticed that the cool 3D clock they show in the upper corner
of their home page uses local PC time, not NIST time! (My home Mac is
not syncing properly to Apple's time server, so it's a good indicator
of a website's time source.)

So I don't have much faith in their service, if they can't even get
their website's clock right.

--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/