No subject

Mon Apr 27 04:27:16 UTC 2009

panel and flows across the font of A22, the input amplifier and schmitt
trigger boards and the front panel board.
The rear of A22 also deflects airflow back through thecard cage and the
other boards.
The crystal oscillator is screened from direct airflow by a sheet
aluminium shield.

Thus the airflow is quite complex and one would need to monitor the
temperatures of a large number of chips and other components to ensure
the cooling is appropriate.
Since the top and bottom covers also affect the airflow it would be
difficult to use a thermal camera to meaningfully monitor chip temperatures.
Even if the top and bottom covers were replaced with infrared
transparent materials, a thermal vision camera won't have a clear view
of all the EECL and ECL chips.

Bruce