[time-nuts] [OT] Help needed with HP 16700A

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Aug 4 20:17:41 UTC 2009

In message <0BBF1879-97BF-460F-B7E3-99F4A8006CB0 at standingwave.org>, Peter Loron
 writes:
>I have no idea what the hostname is. Yeah, I think the next step is to
>try and reload the OS. If that still doesn't fix it, then I may need
>to start troubleshooting the PS2 ports...the keyboard isn't responding
>as it should when the LA starts up, and a kb and mouse need to be
>present for the LA to come up properly as I understand.

If they keyboard/mouse is not found, the X11-server does not start.

Check the ribbon-cable that connects the PS/2 connectors to the PCB
inside, as far as I know, you have to unplug that to change the
harddisk out, and they may simply have forgotten to put it back in.

BTW: beware that the internal SCSI-disk is getting old.  I found
the last SCSI-ATA converter in Denmark by luck, and gave mine a CF
card instead.