[time-nuts] PLL question

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Aug 7 16:21:26 UTC 2009

There hasn't been much discussion on the list about this idea.  I know
that Timing Solutions (now Symmetricom) used to make -- or at least
advertise -- a "clean-up oscillator" that was a very low noise, very
high short-term stability BVA oscillator that would lock to your Cesium
reference.  With a proper time constant (10s of kseconds?), that should
give the best of both worlds with superlative short term performance and
atomic long-term stability.

John
----