[time-nuts] HP 106B quartz frequency standard...the story so far

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat Aug 8 10:28:07 UTC 2009

jim77742 at gmail.com writes:

Unless  anyone has a 2N1701 lying around?

----------------
Hi Jim

Going back through the archives I see you're about three volts high on
that power rail, certainly more than I 'd expect through normal  tolerances.
Three volts though is also a bit lower than I'd normally expect  as the
headroom on a series pass transistor, assuming it is a series regulator?,  so
would still suggest checking the transistor itself or measuring  the voltage
across it.
output is actually regulated.

regards

Nigel