[time-nuts] Power supply help

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Aug 9 03:45:35 UTC 2009

Not any more, I only remember the spectacular results it produced.
Basically one just tests the output voltage dc and ripple as a function
of the dc current.
There was also a test that involved shorting the output to check the
short circuit current.
They probably changed the design after I demonstrated that turning the
supply on with the output shorted was destructive although it was
specified as part of the test procedure,
The supply was new and repaired under warranty.
If I remember correctly there was also an input to trigger shutdown
possibly a means of shutting down all the supplies in a system if the
OVP limit on any of them was tripped.
I only have a manual for the later 61005C, 61315D, 63005C and 63315D
series which were somewhat more robust.