[time-nuts] HP 106B quartz frequency standard...the story so, far

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 16:07:50 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----
From: Jim Palfreyman <jim77742 at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2009 7:31:31 AM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] HP 106B quartz frequency standard...the story so, far

Hi all,

Latest update.

With some help and phone calls from Bill the fault seems to have been
isolated. I have removed Q11 from inside the oven and it is cactus. Q9
is also very suspect so I'm going to replace that for good measure.

Q9 is a 2N1701 in a T08 package. Thanks to various people I should be
able to track one down. Q11 is marked as 1854-0003 and that's an HP
internal number and all I know. Might have to substitute that one.

After all this I have some quality photos and can knock up some good
descriptions of the repairs and the 106B internals if anyone is
interested. Any websites hanging around that want to take what I have?

Regards and thanks to all!

Jim Palfreyman