[time-nuts] Thunderbolt precise positions needed

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 00:11:47 UTC 2009

Does anybody have their Thunderbolt antennas located at precisely surveyed positions?

I have developed some code that processes a 24-48 hour survey to calculate a precise position.  With a good (geodetic/survey) quality antenna I get my location to within a few inches.  With a conical timing antenna,  I get around 8 inches of error.  With a cheap patch antenna,  around a foot.

I would like to test the code with data collected from some diverse locations.   Ideally,  what I need is 48 hours of data collected from Tbolts running in 3D fix mode (not the standard overdetermined clock mode).  24 hours of data would be usable,  but 48 hours is much better.

The data file needs the GPS time-of-week code (or hh:mm:ss),  latitude,  longitude,  and altitude for each one second fix.   The Trimble TBOLTMON program can be used to put the unit into 3D fix mode and produce the required log file (not ideal since it records lat/lon to 6 decimal places...  eight is better).

If things turn out well,  I can put the code into the next version of Lady Heather.